|Hanging out on a rock by the pond at the Wildflower Preserve in New Hope, PA.|
It's time for Spring organizing at painted Lady fingers. There have been many emerging bloggers recently and I want to extend an invitation to jump on my blogroll. There have also been well established bloggers returning from hiatus or changing their url. This week I will be looking into updating information.
Please take a look and make certain your blog is present and the link/name is correct. Occasionally I notice blogs drop off my blogroll due to technical glitches. I also remove blogs during hiatus period. When I read blogs, I tend to jump around and utilize the blogroll accessible from the post I am reading. It is very possible there are blogs I read regularly that aren't on my blogroll. If your blog is missing from the list, I will be happy to add it!
Here are the qualities I am looking for when doing blogroll updates:
- A reciprocal link. Please make sure my blog is on your blogroll before making a request to be added.
- You have been blogging for at least a month. It is advisable to take a little time to get your posting style in order and gain experience before looking to promote your blog.
- Your blog is being updated regularly. I may temporarily remove blogs from my blogroll that have been inactive for a month or more.
- Clear, well lit photos. Indoor photography is fine, but use a natural lamp or light box so the colors are accurate and your work is visible.
- Clean, well maintained nails and cuticles.
- No pre-cleanup photos. The only reason I can think for showing nails pre-cleanup is during a step by step photo tutorial for nail art or painting. Otherwise, it is unacceptable for blogging.
- You are posting original material. I believe in crediting others for their ideas and giving proper attribution.
- Posting nail related content on a regular basis. If you have a beauty blog with mixed content, I am happy to take a look.
- Photograph the items you are reviewing. Using PR supplied photos is fine for promotional work or if your blog is associated with a business. Otherwise, I would much rather see the a product photo taken by a blogger than supplied by a company or PR group.
- Take part in the community. I frequently add the blogs of ladies who comment regularly and those I chat with on Twitter or over e-mail.
Please feel free to add links to your blog in the comments of this post only. If you don't have a blog, let me know of some of your favorite blogs that are missing from my blogroll. I want to be inclusive and make the blogroll user friendly for everyone.
Happy painting ladies!